is a town in the Palermo province standing at 531 m a.s.l. and counting
nearly 6,700 inhabitants.
was founded in 1553 by Francesco Beccadelli Bologna who in 1559
ordered the construction of a castle. A number of archaeologic discoveries
at the Montagnola site seem to refer to settlements spanning a period
going from the proto-Historical age to the 14th century.
main buildings in town are the castle, above mentioned, and some
castle, perched atop a rocky spur, betrays the features of a noble
country residence. After being abandoned, it underwent remarkable
alterations in the 16th century.
1600’s Chiesa Madre is dedicated to San Ciro. This has also
undergone changes, notably in the 19th century.
final mention goes to the Convento Francescano or Santuario della
Madonna della Dajna, housing a precious 1600’s statue representing
San Vito and a 1500’s Pietà.